· Process, reconcile, input and pay vendor invoices and employee expense reports
· Communicate with vendors to resolve invoice discrepancies
· Track expenses as they relate to specific projects and jobs
· Prepare and issue invoices to clients
· Collaborate with team members to ensure accuracy of vendor invoices and client billing
· Support VP of operations
· Some clerical/receptionist work as needed
Desired skills and experience:
· Minimum experience: associate degree with coursework in accounting and 1+ years accounting-related experience or 2+ years accounting-related experience
· Strong aptitude for numbers and spreadsheets
· Experience using accounting software
· Proficiency in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel
· Accurate and precise data entry
· Ability to successfully multi-task
· Ability to prioritize and remain organized while managing a high-volume workload
· Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Exceptionally detail-oriented with a drive to investigate and correct discrepancies
· Strong verbal, listening, written communication and collaboration skills
· High degree of personal motivation, initiative and flexibility
Coates Kokes is a Portland-based communications firm handling brand development, advertising, public relations and website development for a range of clients.
We are a Certified B Corp. and partner with clients who help people eat healthier, use less energy, be more active, pollute less and even have more fun. We’re helping to spread the good around.
Our office is based in the newly renovated Commonwealth building in downtown Portland. Our comprehensive benefits package includes, but is by no means limited to, health and dental insurance, 401(k) matching, transit and paid vacation (plus you get your birthday off!). Our team relaxes and reconnects at weekly “Friday @ 4” gatherings, holiday events, community contribution outings and the occasional spontaneous celebration.